Monday, June 8, 2009

Mealtime Monday

I am predicting that this week's meals could easily be prepped in less than an hour and a half. I don't have an accurate measurement of time from last night because DH and I got into a lengthy discussion in the middle of my cooking which totally through off my time. But I can say that all of the dishes were quick and easy and look oh so tasty. I am especially excited about the fish n chips meal. The catfish was made with "panco," a Japanese style breadcrumb. A friend had told me about panco months ago but this was my first experience with it. Looks yummy.

Here is the prep/eat schedule for this week's menu:

Monday Night: Fish n Chips- I prepped potatoes inside a large ziplock bag and stored in fridge. I also fully prepped fish in a baking dish and stored in fridge. Tonight I will transfer potatoes onto a cookie sheet for final baking with the fish. (I think this dish could have easily been frozen.)

Tuesday Night: Broccoli Cheese Soup. I dumped all ingredients (minus the broth) inside a freezer ziplock bag and stored in fridge (would freeze nicely). Tuesday night I will empty ziplock contents into stovetop pot and add broth for final cooking.

Wednesday Night: BBQ Pork. All I did to prep for this meal was put the pork in a ziplock and pour the BBQ sauce over to start marinating (could have easily done this day of in crockpot). Wednesday morning I will transfer to crockpot to cook on low all day.

Thursday Night: DH and I anniversary! We are going out. But I went ahead and made the Black Bean Chicken Pizza and stored in freezer for later.

Friday and Saturday- Family Reunion

Sunday: BLT- no prep for this meal. I will just cook bacon, snip lettuce, cut tomato, and smear light mayo on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment