Monday, April 13, 2009

Mealtime Monday

Gotta admit I was not in the mood for cooking yesterday- but alas I got er done. Once again I am not sure of the final prep time because I piddled.... a lot, BUT I have zero doubt it could have all been done in under 1 hour and 30 minutes. I actually just prepped for 4 dishes (although I will still provide 5 recipes for you) because we never ate the Manicotti last week (went out so we wouldn't mess the house up the night we showed it). The dish I chose to exclude from our week's menu was the omelets. Can I just tell you that I am already regretting this decision because the recipe is soooo yummy! But anyways here is a list of what I DID prep last night:
2 Pecan Crusted Fish
2 Pepper, Squash, Zucchini Packets
2 Taco Pot Pies
2 Dixie Pork Chops
2 Vegetarian Chilies
2 Cornbreads
Here is the menu and storage schedule for the week:

Monday- Pecan Crusted Fish with Peppers and Squash. I fully prepped this dish up until final baking and stored in fridge. I chose to do the vegys in an aluminum foil packet. Tonight I will simply take fish and vegys out of fridge and bake according to recipe.

Tuesday- Dixie Pork Chops. I ran out of baking dishes so I did not brown pork yet, but if I hadn't run out of dishes I would have completed steps 1 and 2 of the recipe and stored in fridge. I have already cut up apples and measured ingredients so it shouldn't take too long to brown pork and finish up recipe Tuesday night.

Wednesday- Vegetarian Chili. I dumped all ingredients into a freezer ziplock. I stored this in fridge BUT it could have easily been stored in freezer. Wednesday morning I will dump into crockpot and cook on low all day.

Thursday- Manicotti/Omelets- I am going to have the Manicotti from last week BUT if I was to do the omelets I probably would not have preprepped for this dish. I would have just prepared the night of.

Friday and Saturday- Out or leftovers

Sunday- Taco Pot Pie. I fully prepped up until final baking and stored in freezer. Saturday I will transfer dish from freezer to fridge. Sunday after church I will pop in oven for final baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment