Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tales from the Car

So last Thursday Colby had a field trip at school. Now normally Thursday's are a work day for this mama BUT the field trip was 30 miles from school and I wasn't comfortable with someone else driving my baby sooo I took off work to chauffeur my child "safely" in "my car."

I was looking forward to the one-on-one time together on our 30+ minute car ride. I mean it's not too often that Colby and I can talk just the two of us without baby brother interrupting. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about the noise my mufflerless car makes when I drive on the interstate (I guess I had just grown accustomed to it on my lonely drive to work every week). Add in the fact it was raining plus the noise from my windshield wipers and it would have been hard to hear my child if he was sitting right next to me, much less in the backseat. Colby and I spent the first 5 or 6 minutes yelling back and forth "WHAT", "WHAT DID YOU SAY", I'M SORRY, CAN YOU REPEAT THAT" Finally we both just gave up and rode in silence. How sad.

PS While I am writing about my car let me add that I forgot to roll (really roll, no automatic windows here) up my windows last night. So this morning I was greeted with a soaking wet seat. Only thing better will be tomorrow when I open up my car and am greeted with the aroma from day old rain soaked into fabric seats (aka mildew!).

PSS Sorry for the pity party! I can do all things... I can do all things.... I can do all things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment