Saturday, March 21, 2009

DRS Bloopers

So yesterday, I had a brief nanosecond when I thought "I should really try to catch up on my zone work," So in an effort to be productive YET still procrastinate, I sprayed the oven down with Easy Off Oven Cleaner (no automatic oven cleaner in THIS house), walked off, and vowed to clean the oven that night after the boys went to bed.

Fast Forward about 6 hours.....
DH had a Men's Night Out with our Sunday School Class, so I decided the boys and I would have a Movie Night. Movie Night at our House ALWAYS means Pizza eaten on Blankets in the living room while watching the movie. Well I had a coupon for Papa Murphys and DH isn't a big fan of the whole "pick up a raw pizza and bring it home to bake" concept so I though this would be the perfect night to give it a try. I walked in Papa Murpheys and ordered half peperoni (boys side), half zucchini, jalapeno peppers, and artichoke (my side) on a deLite crust. I was given my baking instructions and headed home to start the pizza.

Well if you have put the two paragraphs together you have an idea of what happened next..... I set the oven at the recommended 425 degrees and didn't bother with the preheat step. Placed the pizza in the oven, set the timer for 20 minutes and went outside to play with the boys while the pizza baked. My mouth was watering as I walked into the house to check on our yummy baking pizza about 15 minutes into the process. But when I stepped into the kitchen I was met with a horrific smell- I thought "What is that?, Do we have a gas leak?" Then it clicked.... OVEN CLEANER!!!! My delectable vegy laden pizza was trapped inside that oven engulfed in toxic fumes. Arggggggggggg! I don't know what I was more upset about- the fact that I would not get to taste the carefully crafted pizza that sat before me, OR the fact that I had spent close to $9 for the thing. PLUS I still had 2 hungry boys and a mama to feed. Sooooo......................

I punched in a familiar number and sadly drove off. On the way to my destination I stopped at Sonic to pick up a Dr. Pepper to drown my sorrows away (yes, I was a victim of emotional eating/drinking). Next I pulled up to the window, paid my close to $8 fee, and drove off with my Dominos half pepperoni, half cheese pizza.

It still hurts my thrifty little heart to think about the fact that I spent $17 bucks on pizza night and all I got for it was heart burn!

PS Still haven't cleaned that oven!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this story. I so, don't know how your super moms do it all. You deserve a little emotional eating.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete