Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sonday Sunday

Today in Sunday School we looked at Isaiah 29:13 (words also used in Matthew 15: 8 in reference to the Pharisees- ouch!)

These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, BUT their hearts are far from me.

Lately when I open my bible I seem to be drawn to verses of conviction rather then those of comfort. I think this has something to do with the fact that lately my time with the Lord has been only skin deep. My quiet times might be crossed off my daily to do list, but many times I am so distracted by MY thoughts that they block HIS Words from reaching my heart. I might honor the Lord with my writings but are my words coming from my heart or my head?

The people of Isaiah's time might have looked like God's children by their actions but God referred to them as "these people" rather then "MY people" because he couldn't see Himself in their hearts. My prayer is that I don't fall into the category of "these people" but rather I would let His words penetrate my heart and guide my every action. I want my Heart to lead me to HIM instead of my To Do List. I want my heart to be so full of His words that this Sonday Sunday ALWAYS come from the outflow of my heart instead of any cleverness from my head.

1 comment:

  1. I am getting caught up on all your posts and am dying about the Pizza. That would have made me so mad but so glad it didn't burn up the oven or anything!
    Do you have a chicken fajita crockpot recipe? I looked throuh all your old recipes and someone said you had a really good one for this. Believe it is chicken, beans, and a mixture of seasoning, etc.
    Enjoying your recipes and trying out some different things.

    ReplyDelete