Monday, March 2, 2009

Spinach Calzones

I thought this looked like a yummy vegy dish this week. You could easily add chicken to it if you wanted some meat. Of course Donna would have made her own bread dough BUT for time sake this Donna wannabe stuck with frozen dough (wish it could have been whole wheat- but oh well). I am hoping this recipe is a winner- it sure sounds good and it just might be a way to get some spinach down my boys!

Spinach Calzones

Go here for the recipe.
I lightened the recipe by using part skim ricotta cheese, only 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Nutrition Information (for modified recipe)
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
Meal Plan: ~350 Calories, 2.5 meats, 2 starches, 1 vegetable, 1.5 fats
(nutrition information for modified recipe is my best estimate)

I am going to serve this with marinara sauce and a side salad

No comments:

Post a Comment