Monday, March 2, 2009

Crockpot Pork Pineapple Tenderloin

I found a new website (thanks Jenny's Blog) that is an awesome resource for crockpot recipes. It's called A Year of CrockPotting. The creator of this blog challenged herself to use her crockpot every day in the year 2008. From what I gather she must have someone in her family with a gluten allergy because most, if not all, of her recipes are gluten free. She has a very entertaining blog- I think we could be friends in real life. I don't know she is probably way cooler then me! Anyways... this crockpot recipe was found on her blog. This will be my first time to prepare the dish so as always- I'll let you know how it goes.

Pork Pineapple Tenderloin

Go here to see the recipe.

I did choose to use canned pineapple over frozen
(Dole pineapple on sale at Kroger this week)
I also only used a 1.75lb pork tenderloin

Nutrition Information
Serving Size: 4 oz of pork (1/7th of all the fixens and sauce)
Meal Plan: 215 Calories, 4 lean meats, 1/2 fruit

I am going to serve this with rice and might add another vegetable from my stockpile.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Niki,
    thank you for the link and for your sweet words! and trust me... I'm so totally not cool.
    xox
    steph

    ReplyDelete