Monday, March 2, 2009

Chili

Nothing extraordinary about the chili I'm making. Just following the recipe on the back on the McCormick or Williams Chili Seasoning. I do add a can of spicy V8 just to spice it up a bit.

Chili

1 pkg on favorite chili seasoning
1 lb of extra lean ground beef
2 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce or 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I went ahead and used 1 of each)
1 can kidney or pinto beans (I used 2 cans Kroger Chili beans- I love beans)
1 6oz can Spicy V8 (optional)

Brown Beef, drain fat, then add all the other ingredients to a pot. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Nutrition Information
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe (how I made it)
Meal Plan: 226 Calories, 2.5 meats, 1 starch, 2 vegetables
What great nutrition!

I won't lie I will be serving this with 2% cheese and FRITOS!
32 Fritos = 160 Calories, 1 starch, 2 Fats!

No comments:

Post a Comment