Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Farewell to Wellness Wednesday

Well I guess the title of this post gave it away. As for now, Wellness Wednesday is going to be put to rest. Can I just tell you that I am soooo relieved. From day 1 this day has stressed me to the max. Why? you ask. Well, I always struggled with how much information to give each Wednesday. Let me explain....

While DRS has become a second career it is not the job that pays the bills. I work 3 days a week as a Registered Dietitian who specializes in weight management and nutrition during pregnancy. I have patients/clients that pay me their hard earned money for my expertise and therefore I felt guilty that they were paying for information I was freely giving away on this blog. In an effort not to cheat my patients/clients I often felt I was holding back information from you, only giving you a partial message instead of a full lesson... not a good feeling.

PLUS Wednesday is smack dab in the middle of my work week and the day before Thrifty Thursday (the day that takes the most preparation time) so to have Wednesday FREE.... Wow I can just feel the weight lifting off my shoulders.

So Wednesdays are now going to be FREEEEEEE! Much like Scrapbook Saturdays- no agenda!! I'm thinking about calling it... Wildcard Wednesdays. What do you think? I was trying to think of a word to describe "rest" or "break" but couldn't think of a "W" word, so unless something comes to me on my 45 minute, one way, radioless commute to work today, or you have a better idea... it will probably be Wildcard Wednesday.

For the 2 people that voted for Wellness Wednesday... I tell you what.... One day, when I figure out how to make this blog profitable, I will resign from my day job and reinstate Wellness Wednesday. Because you see, I am VERY passionate about nutrition and wellness, and I will need an outlet to preach the good news about Balanced Nutrition. Until then, I'm going to work on my own wellness and use this day for rest and catching up.

PS I did include a Product of the Week post today, complete with a high dollar coupon- so be sure to check back around noon to learn about a great snack idea for your kiddos.

My goodness, Have you ever seen such a high maintenance blog?!?! I know your thinking "Niki, who cares what you do on Wednesday or what you call it. No one obsesses about this blog like you." Point taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment