Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What was I thinking?

Ok, by now you know that I don't have a lick of spontaneity in me. I plan EVERYTHING! So last night I don't know what came over me to write my Dear DRS letter. Ok, yes I do... BUT can I just tell you I had regrets the moment I pushed post. This blog has become part of my life and I am not ready to give up on it. Yes, it is extremely time consuming, but it is also a form of therapy! I mean really, it is quite liberating to air my dirty kitchen, to confess my short comings, to share my shopping successes and to know someone out there might feel the same way. I just got to figure out a way to find a healthier balance between Donna and Niki. But guess what?....................... I got a plan!

I really appreciate all of you who voted today to let me know which days you enjoy/use the most. Guess what? Those were my favorite days too! The 2 days I get the most feedback on are Mealtime Mondays and Thrifty Thursdays so these two are definitely staying. I was so humbled by the number of votes Sonday Sunday received because this is a day that ministers to ME. I sometimes wonder if the short devotionals are too personal and if anyone else can relate. I just know that the Lord has been so faithful to give me a verse every week that meets me right where I am at and ministers to me in that moment; so even if this day had received zero votes I was selfishly going to continue with this one... if not for any other reason then it is my weekly standing appointment with Jesus.

As far as the other days.... I think my husband would vote to keep Tidy Tuesday and I owe it to my children to dedicate a day on the blog to Familytime. By the way Familytime Friday got no votes- I'm ok with that because by Friday I am usually so pooped this day gets neglected so now I won't feel so bad if I don't get it done- BUT if I decide to post about our family activities I'll have a designated place to post it. Scrapbook Saturday? Why not! No pressure with that one, it can stay. So that leads me to Wellness Wednesday.....................

This post has become entirely too long. Blogging for Dummies would not approve. So for now I am signing off. Tomorrow you will learn the fate of Wellness Wednesday and sometime soon I will reveal my plan for making DRS a more manageable project. Until then, thanks again. You'll never know how much it means to me to have you visit my little blog and share my life!

Look here Mom, it's before 10:30 and I'm going to bed. My new plan is working... except my kitchen is still a wreck and I can't see the surface of that darn kitchen table. Baby steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment