Saturday, March 14, 2009

Farewell Good Friend!


Tonight I learned some very sad news....
Just two days ago I had made my monthly pledge to the puppies at the cottonelle website to print off 2 more $1 off coupons, and I was anxious to cash them in for my favorite FREE TP! Well, as I walked by the designated resting place of my beloved 4 pack of rippled wonder I noticed not only were they not there BUT some impostor off-brand was taking over it's spot on the shelf. This was quite disturbing so I asked the night stocker "Where are the 4 packs of cottonelle toilet paper." Without knowing what an impact his answer would have on me he casually answered "they have been discontinued." DISCONTINUED!!!! DISCONTINUED!!! I stood there in shock and just kept saying over and over.. "this is bad, this is baaaaad." Poor stocker- I could tell he didn't quite know what to say to me after seeing my reaction. In his effort to empathize with me he said "Yeah that off-brand sure is scratchy- not near as soft as cottonelle." If he only knew....
To make this story even sadder. Yesterday my 4.9 year old dropped not one but TWO rolls of toilet paper in the toilet!!!

4 comments:

  1. I admit, I was afraid of something like this. When coupons.com didn't put this out there, I was afraid that they have caught on that we are getting toilet paper for free. But this, this is a HUGE blow. How sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I've been enjoying the free toilet paper lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I took part of my first coupon experience in a while last night and who did I run into as walking into Kroger....NIKI! I thought this is a GOD thing b/c I had lots of questions. My most proud purchase has to be the J&J Bar Soap for .99 and I printed off the coupon for $1 off from Niki's post. To get something free and then my son thought he had something new and fun to take a bath with was a hit! I also saved $5 total on the Coffee Mate Creamers and found a $1 off Glamour which I splurged on for my Sat. night treat to myself for taking the time to print off coupons. Thanks Niki for all your help. I am exciting about getting back into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost cried when I read this & when I told my DH, he almost cried too!!! :( sad day

    ReplyDelete