Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Night at Kroger!


Well I just got back from Kroger. I do not recommend going after 10pm- you have to check yourself out. I got a taste of what the checkers must feel when I hand them all my coupons. But anyways.... on to the reason for the post.

It was a BIG night for this couponer. I saved as much as I spent!!!! Woo Hoo! Let me read, I mean write, my receipt to you: Total Spent: $ 70.46 (for 50 items) Total Saved: $69.86!!!! (Exclamation marks, mine). And if that wasn't exciting enough- I got back $5.50 worth of catalinas for $ off my next purchase.

My favorite deal by far was for the Glucerna Cereal. (Did you print your 2 $5 off coupons a couple of weeks ago?) Glucerna Cereal was on sale for $3.99. I bought 2 and used 2 $5 coupons. So right there I had $2 in overages AND THEN it triggered a $2.50 off my next purchase catalina!! So my 2 boxes of cereal made me $4.50!! (PS Glucerna cereal is located near the pharmacy with the slim fasts and other nutritional supplements- kind of by the razors)

Another fun deal was I had received a $4.50 off of 3 Kellogg's Cereals catalina a couple of weeks back. I used that along with the Buy 10 Event to get 3 boxes of Kellogg's Shredded Wheat for $1.50 or $0.50 a box!
And I got 6 FREE Johnson's Buddies Soaps. Note: The Buddies were actually marked $3 something- But sure indeed rang up for only $0.99. Thanks Emily for the heads-up.
I also had a Free Kraft cheese product coupon and Kraft is having a promotion right now that if you buy 2, 2% off Kraft cheese products you will get a $1 off your next purchase catalina. So I went ahead and got 2. I used my FREE coupon and spent $3.49 on the second one. If I factor in the $1 catalina it was like I got 2 bags of cheese for $2.49!

I also found a skim milk that was a "Manager Special" marked down to $1- as long as we don't get food poisoning this was a GREAT deal!

Well those were my favorite deals. Hope ya'll found some great deals too!


Oh I can't believe in all the excitement I forgot to pass on the most horrible of newses. It is so bad it deserves it's own post. So I am going to close this one down and open up a new one. See you in a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment