Monday, March 9, 2009

Black Bean Burgers

You know how much I love Morning Star's Spicy Black Bean Burgers right? You also know that those little burgers can be quite expensive for this ole' tight wad, right? Well... I might have just found a recipe that offers me the same great taste and nutrition of Morning Star burgers at a fraction of the cost. I do emphasize the word "might" because I have never attempted to make my own garden burgers. They looked pretty yummy as I prepped them, but I'll let you know how they go over with the fam.

Go here for the recipe.

Black Bean Burgers

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
Meal Plan: 198 Calories, 1.5 meat, 2 starches

I am going to serve this on a whole wheat bun with typical hamburger fixens. I will also serve with a tomato salad. (Cherry Tomatoes, cut up Mozzarella String Cheese, marinated in Low Fat Italian Dressing)

No comments:

Post a Comment