Monday, February 2, 2009

White Chicken Chili

Your gonna love this recipe. My family was first introduced to this yummy chili just days after we brought Cohen home from the hospital. Our Sunday School class brings a week worth of meals to every family after the birth of a new baby and we just happened to be the lucky family who had Jamie on their rotation. She brought us a big hot pot of this chili along with a skillet of fresh out of the oven cornbread- we finished every last bite and considered getting pregnant again just to see if we could get another pot in 9 months (ok, that was a little bit of an exaggeration- but it was really good!)
Since then I have had to call Jamie 3 different times for the recipe because I keep losing it once I write it down. So Jamie, you'll be excited to know it will forevermore be stored on the www, right where I will know where to find it. (I did forget exactly how long you are supposed to let it simmer, but was too embarrassed to call Jamie AGAIN so keep that in mind if you decide to make this dish)

White Chicken Chili

2 chicken breast boiled and shredded
2 cans Great Northern Beans
2 cans Shoepeg Corn
1 can Rotel
1 can Reduced Fat Cream of Mushroom
1 can Reduced Fat Cream of Chicken
1 lb 2% Velveeta
2 Tbs. Butter
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 cup diced Onion
Garlic to taste
1 cup Chicken Broth

Mix all but the Velveeta together and simmer on stovetop for 45 min to 1 hour. Chop Velveeta into cubes and add to chili the last 30 minutes. Stir often. Serve.

Note: I have not tried this recipe in the crockpot but I'm sure it would work great. I bet you could even put your chicken in raw and just add more broth. I would cook on low all day. But again DO NOT add your Velveeta until the end or the cheese will curdle! I will not be making this recipe this week second to our vacation but I promise to try it in the crockpot next time i make it and I'll let you know how it works. If you give it a try please leave us a review.

Nutrition Information
I will have this information for you by Thursday, Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment