Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HUGE PRAISE!

Wow! God is good- no make that AWESOME! The level 2 ultrasound showed NO hints of Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 18, or Spina Bifida-Praise God! These were the three that we were most fearful of after last week's ultrasound and then this week's lab results. The only thing the doctor did find were 2 cysts on my niece's brain, but he felt confident they would go away in a couple of weeks.


Again I am reminded of Emily's very timely devotional last weekend and the verse she shared that I have clung to for the last 6 days "You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the people.” Psalm 77:14 I truly believe that God performed a miracle in this little girl's life. Going into this appointment today all signs pointed toward bad news but the report they got exceeded all expectations!

While I pleaded with the Lord for a miracle. The Holy Spirit did not let me forget this week's verse of the week. "TRUST in the Lord with ALL of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM and he WILL make your paths straight." Although I was not ready to let my brain take me to the "what ifs" my heart knew that the Lord was IN CONTROL and He had a plan no matter what the outcome. I have no doubt the Lord would have and will use this child to bless all of our lives. No matter what- God is AWESOME!

I can not thank you enough for your prayers and friendship!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment