Monday, February 23, 2009

Hashbrown Casserole

Even though this is not "the original" recipe- I have to thank Jamie R for introducing hashbrown casserole to my family many moons ago at a recipe exchange party. I have misplaced the original recipe but this one looks pretty close. This makes a huge serving so feel free to half the recipe! I made one recipe for two families.

To lighten it up a bit I use 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, reduced fat sour cream, 2% cheese, and light butter. (I have left the butter out all together before and it was... ok, but at the request of both families I cook for- I added it back in this time.)

Hashbrown Casserole

Nutrition Information (as printed on unmodified recipe)
Serving Size: 1/10th of recipe
Meal Plan: 274 Calories; 1 meat; 1.5 starches, 2 fats

The recipe modifications I used would significantly cut back on the Calories and Fat but unfortunately I did not look at all my labels before tossing in the trash so I am unable to give you the exact nutrient breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment