Friday, February 6, 2009

Deal Alert- Kroger

Initially I got real excited when I opened up the Kroger Weekly flyer and saw they were having a case sale. I had never been a part of a case sale before and thought I was in for some exciting deals. However, after looking through the ad I realized that for many of the items I would be better off buying the product individually with coupons vs in a case and only being allowed to use one coupon.

The items that looked most attractive to me were:

The 12 pack of Kroger Peanut Butter for $12
Final Price: $1 per jar
I'll be sure to look at the nutrition label first to look for Trans Fat before purchasing.

Kroger Everyday Towels for $3.99
Final Price: $0.67 per roll

Kroger Fancy Sharp, Mild Cheddar, 4 Cheese or Colby Jack Shredded Cheese for $18
Final Price: $1.50 per 8oz bag
I hate to pass up a sale on cheese but I did just stock up on Kraft 2% last week so I'll probably skip this one!

Kroger Water for $3.50
Final Price: Less than $0.15 per bottle

All the other case deals I feel I can get cheaper or for the same price at a later sale

Other Deals for the week:
Kroger Skim or 1% Milk on sale for $2.69 each (You can freeze milk, If you want to stock up)

Florida Strawberries on sale for $1.99 each

General Mills Cereals (select varieties) on sale 3 for $5
There are tons of coupons available for GM cereals in your newspaper inserts, All You Magazine, and coupons.com

Ragu Pasta on sale for $1.69
Use $1 off 1 shortcuts coupon expires 2/7 (load on kroger card) and $0.50 off 2 coupon from 1/18 RP
Final Price: $0.69 each

Huggies Jumbo Diapers or Pull-ups on sale $9.99
Use $1 off 1 cellfire coupon (kroger card), $1.50 off 1 Shortcut coupon and $1.50 off 1 from 1/11 SS
Final Price: $5.99 (I think that will work)

Dial Hand Soap on sale $0.88
Use $0.35 off 1 from 1/4 SS (I couldn't find it but supposidly it is there)
Final Price: $0.18


For a more complete list of deals go here or see the Grocery Game list Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm still new at this Niki, so I have to ask...the vegetables like peas, corn, and green beans that equaled $.50 a can...do you think those will go cheaper or is that a good buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still a good deal if you have room for that many vegetables in your pantry. BUT it is common for kroger to have their canned vegys marked for $.50 a can if I remember correctly. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niki!!! I've bought their veges at $.50 before, so I was hoping it was a good deal. I do have the room, so I think I will grab a case of each. Thanks for the help!!! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete