Monday, February 23, 2009

BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Normally I make these with a lean pork roast but I was not able to find a lean cut at Kroger this week so I am going to attempt this with a pork loin. I am doubtful it will shred like the roast but it should still be tasty. I'll let you know.

BBQ Pork Sandwich

Lean Pork Roast (something with less then 12g of fat per 4 oz serving)
Favorite BBQ sauce
Whole Wheat Bun

Place pork roast in crock-pot. Coat roast with BBQ sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Pork should shred when done. Place cooked meat on bun. That's it folks.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 4 oz meat on bun
Meal Plan: 420 Calories; 4 meats, 3 starches

I am going to serve this with baked beans and coleslaw. I was sad that I was not able to find a light coleslaw dressing- next time I'll make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment