Friday, January 2, 2009

Tidy Tuesdays


As I look around my house I feel Tidy Tuesday can't get here soon enough! My kitchen table is the "hot spot" in our home where everything seems to pile up throughout the day. This picture was taken at 9:45am this morning, I'm scared to think about what it will look like at 5pm this evening.!

Tidy Tuesday to the rescue! Each Tuesday of the month I will post a different "zone" with respective cleaning schedule for the week. A zone is a specific area of your house. The goal is to break your house into 5 zones so that each zone gets tackled once per month in "Spring Cleaning" like fashion. I have broken my home into the following 5 zones:

Zone 1- Kitchen
Zone 2-Bedrooms and Closets
Zone 3- Living Room and Bathrooms
Zone 4- Office and Playroom
Zone 5- Outside, Laundry, Garage and Car (I can not remember the last time I actually did zone 5- but anyways)

Feel free to divide your house up however you think will work best for you.



Now I know what your thinking. I can't just clean my bathroom once per month-gross! Don't worry that is where daily routines (morning, afternoon, and bedtime) and Day Tasks come in. Just trust me when your truly "in the zone" your house will never be so Donnaesk.

Even though the weekly plan will just be posted on Tidy Tuesday, I will give you a "Tidy" update at least once per day to keep myself accountable. I would love it if you joined me on this and used this site for your own accountability. I am getting excited just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment