Friday, January 2, 2009

Wellness Wednesdays

Let's face it- Wellness is the only thing I am truly qualified to talk about so I felt it must be included on the blog. Donna might have been a nurse but I feel my job as a dietitian gives me the upper-hand when it comes to this topic.

Disclaimer: For the few patients/clients I personally invited to view my blog (didn't feel most of my patients were ready to meet this side of me- might think I was crazy or something) I want to apologize. I do realize that the message of DRS is completely opposite of what I preach to you: "All things in moderation," "You don't have to be perfect," " So you ate the chocolate, give yourself a break." But please understand that it is my DRS that helps me understand the danger of trying to shoot for perfect. That is why I am passionate about teaching you to "live in the middle" somewhere between Black and White, All or Nothing, Binge and Diet.

I will say that nutrition is one area of my life I feel I have a healthy balance. Not to say that I have "perfect" eating habits, but I do have a healthy relationship with food. In other words- I am not obsessive about what I eat. I DO NOT live life on a diet but I am mindful of my food choices. I believe that all foods can fit in a healthy lifestyle and that guilt and food should not be associated. I personally need to improve on portion control and could always eat more fruits and vegetables. These are the kinds of things I will ask you to hold me accountable to on Wellness Wednesdays.
In addition, I will use Wellness Wednesdays to blog about all aspects of wellness- from fitness and nutrition to environmental and dental health. Also check in to find the product of the week- most often food that I have found to be tasty and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment