Friday, January 2, 2009

Mealtime Mondays

Mealtime Mondays is my solution to making sure a healthy homecooked meal hits my table around 5:30pm five nights a week. Each month on "Rollout Weekend" (to be explained later) I will present a master plan of menus for the month along with a complete grocery list. Then on Mondays I will provide recipes complete with nutrition information for all of the recipes I "plan" on cooking that week.
I will also take advantage of the fact that I don't work on Mondays to try to prep for as many dishes as I can for the week. That will give me the convenience of just poping a meal into the oven on days I did work outside the home with little to no prep and very little clean-up. Doesn't that sound nice. If you work on Mondays, you might want to work a week behind my menus and do your prep on the weekend.
In a perfect Donna Reed World I would have my 4 year old assist me with meal preparation, complete with miniapron for quality together time during the baby's naptime. We'll see how long cooking holds his attention. Oh no, must go... Cohen has just shattered a glass bowl on our concrete floors. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment