Friday, January 30, 2009

Learning Time

Ok folks, I've got to get really serious about learning time! I have been given 1 month to teach my now 16 month old how to talk or off to Speech Therapy we go! I have been instructed to stop giving in to his pointing and grunting when he wants something but instead to make him ask for it. Now given the fact he has yet to even say Mommy or Daddy I feel it is in his best interest to go ahead and give into his requests for basic needs (nourishment, comforting, Mommy, etc) after a sufficient number of "say (fill in the blank)" have been said. But I have been following Doctor's orders to increase our daily reading time. So my hope is he will be talking in full sentences by next weekend- ok, I would be tickled pink if he would just say Mama.

Big News: Last night, during bath time, Cohen not only showed me his belly button but also pointed to his nose, mouth, and ears!!! Sing Praise!

As for my big boy, Colby continues to work on his writing. He is definitely doing better but if you weren't his mama you might not be able to read what he writes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Niki! I didn't know you had a blog until recently and I love it!!! You are just the sweetest thing and I love reading your posts! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Heather! I am soo excited to have you here!

    ReplyDelete