Monday, June 1, 2009

Mealtime Monday

Well it took me 1 hour and about 15 minutes to cook 7 meals and 3 sides and totally destroy my nice neat kitchen. This week I only prepared 2 meals for the other family because they are going out of town for half the week and I chose not to prep the salad and baked potato meal until tonight. Let me just confess I was not in the cooking mood last night, and if it weren't for you I might have skipped the marathon meal prep all together BUT now that it is done I am sooooo happy that I won' have to worry about "what's for dinner" for the rest of the week- so thanks!

Following is the prep/storage/eat schedule for the week:

Monday: Baked Sweet Potatoes and Vegetable Salad- This morning I will prep the baked potatoes and toss them in the crockpot to cook on low all day. Tonight I will snip the lettuce from the garden and toss with the other vegetables.

Tuesday Night: Oven Fried Chicken and Squash Casserole- I fully prepped the chicken and squash casserole up until final baking and stored both in the refrigerator. Tuesday night I will remove from fridge and bake.

Wednesday Night: Beef Stroganoff- I prepared the recipe in a ziplock storage bag (minus the cream cheese) and then stored ziplock in fridge. Wednesday morning I will dump contents of ziplock in crockpot and cook on low all day. Once home from work I will stir in the cream cheese and finish the recipe.

Thursday Night: Fish Tacos- I seasoned frozen fish and wrapped each fish in a foil packet. I then stored fish in the freezer. Thursday morning I will transfer fish to refrigerator and then Thursday night I will grill the fish packets.

Friday and Saturday Nights: Out or Leftovers

Sunday Night: Chicken Tortilla Soup- I prepared this recipe in a large freezer ziplock bag. I stored ziplock in freezer. Saturday I will transfer soup from freezer to refrigerator. I will dump in crockpot Sunday morning and enjoy soup after church.

2 comments:

  1. super pumped about this month's meals! great choices Niki!!! I'm having exactly what you are this week...can't wait! Never had baked sweet potatoes, I'll let you know what we think about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm glad you liked the menu. How fun that we'll be eating the same foods- doesn't take much to amuse or entertain me! Just so you know- I forgot to put the sweet potatoes in the crock this am AND I had a salad for lunch so I am going to have the fish tacos tonight and the sweet potatoes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete