Sunday, June 21, 2009

Farewell to DRS week

Well DRSers this is my last week (at least for a while) as your Donna Reed Syndrome Support Group Leader. The disease has taken over my life. As you know, people with advanced stage DRS are incapable of moderation and therefore when they start a new project they do it full force at a unrealistic, unmanageable pace and therefore eventually burn out. In my weight management program I call this the "All or Nothing" personality. Well folks, that is where I am.

When I started this blog January 1st of this year I really thought it would be my ultimate tool for achieving full Donna Reed status via world wide web accountability. What instead happened, was I began spending more time writing about my plan and less time implementing the plan. I dreamed of being the perfect wife and instead my DH began resenting the time I was spending on the computer-ouch! I wanted the perfect house but by the time I finished my daily posts I was too pooped to clean. I wanted to be the perfect mommy- but instead of quality time with my kids there were days I felt like my time with them was more or less something to check off my list- not good. And my quite times with the Lord- what quite times?!?! So needless to say my experiment was a bust.

Not to say, I haven't had fun. Oh I have. I will miss you all terribly. I have loved having an outlet to share all my craziness and I especially enjoyed reading your comments. I tell you it was your comments that gave me the energy to make it as far as I did on this little project.

I would love to think that I will be back on the blog in the near future BUT I need someone out there who is immune to DRS to teach me how to make it more manageable. In the meantime, this week I am going to try to give you some helpful hints and resources you can use in the future to help you cope with your DRS without me.

For ol' time sake, I'm going to put a Mr. Linky up so you can record your thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. You'll leave this blog up so we can still see it, right? I really want to go back through your menus and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss this blog Niki, but I completely understand. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss your quirky personality the most! Have fun and hope to see ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How will i ever get to keep up with you and the boys now? I am so sad....
    jennifer bush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll miss everything about this blog, but you're doing the right thing...family first always!!! Will be checking to hopefully see you back sometime soon. Maybe you could give us a shout out every now and then. Enjoy the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls for your support! I will sure miss you guys checking in with me.

    ReplyDelete