Monday, May 11, 2009

Mealtime Monday

First let me say I really missed having all my meals prepared last week. I hated that last Wednesday I got home from work really late and I still had to get supper on the table. So needless to say I was happy to get back in the kitchen tonight for my marathon of meal prep for the week.

Second, for Mother's Day, DH and the boys joined me in the kitchen for meal prep. I looooved having the extra help and the company.



With the help of DH it only took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to prepare the following:
  • 1 Spinach Lasagna
  • 2 sets of Beef Kabobs
  • 2 French Dip Porks
  • 2 Chicken Berry Salads (cooked chicken, cut up vegetables, prepared 2 dressings)
  • 2 sets of Crunchy Salmon
  • 5 ears of corn ready to grill
  • 2 green bean packets

The "help" of my DC (dear children) contributed at least 10 minutes to our prep time.


This really was an easy prep week so I betcha you could get all 5 meals for 1 family done in easily under 1.5 hours.

Here is the storage and eat schedule for the week:

Monday: Beef Kabobs- To prep I dumped kabob sized sirloin into a ziplock bag with marinade and stored in fridge. I have also washed and cut up all vegetables for the kabobs. I prepped corn for grill and stored in fridge. Tonight I will assemble kabobs for grill.

Tuesday: Chicken Berry Salad- I baked (you could grill though) chicken and sliced and stored in fridge. I also cut up green onions for salad and prepared the dressing to store in fridge. Tuesday evening I will go pull some lettuce from our garden and assemble salad.

Wednesday: Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches. To prep I simply put pork loin in ziplock and added onion soup mix and stored in fridge. Wednesday morning I will dump into crockpot along with 1 can of diet coke and cook on low all day. Wednesday evening I will assemble sandwiches.

Thursday: Crunchy Salmon. I fully prepped this dish using frozen Salmon fillets. I will store in freezer. Thursday morning I will transfer from freezer to fridge to thaw. Thursday night I will bake.

Friday and Saturday- Leftovers or Out

Sunday: Spinach Lasagna- I full prepped this dish and stored in freezer. Saturday morning I will transfer from freezer to fridge. Sunday afternoon I will bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment