Friday, May 8, 2009

Learning Time

Ok girls, Mark it in the history books, we actually did some REAL learning time this week. We are 99.9% sure Colby is going to kindergarten next year and so he prefers to call learning time "Kindergarten Time" but anyways... we gotter done.

While in Las Vegas I picked up a little Kindergarten Readiness Activity Book for Colby at the bookstore and so Monday and Tuesday we got it out. It has some simple word flash cards and then a simple addition/subtraction workbook. Ya'll the boy loved em. You should have seen him working those math problems. Well actually you can.....

Isn't that cute!

CoCo (aka Cohen) and I reviewed body parts as well as looked at some animal flash cards. Cohen can now say ball, car, uh oh, dada, and when upset Mama! I am going to fill out paperwork TODAY for a speech therapy evaluation. So I am expecting an explosion of words over the next couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! How old is Cohen? My 13-month-old can say ahhhh, uhhhh, eeeee, nnnnn, and occasionally I THINK she's trying to say "mama" (but that's iffy). I'm not concerned yet, but I might start to get that way by 18 months or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer- Co is 19 months old. And I totally didn't get that paper work done yesterday. But I am.... really, I am. Colby was a late talker too but I feel he was saying a few more words then Cohen at this point. Sounds like your little girl is doing GREAT with the sound she's making. The nnnnnn is very impressive:)

    ReplyDelete