Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kris Mania

Yesterday was total Kris Allen Overload! Our whole town went absolutely Krazy!!!! Let me just take you on a play by play of our day in Kris Nation.

But first let me set the scene. Everywhere you drive in this little town your going to see Kris Allen signs up in the windows, store fronts, markees, banners, you name it. I tell you I drove down the road yesterday and I saw a "Welcome Home Kris Allen" and I just kinda teared up. It's like I feel I know the guy. I don't know? Anyone out there with me on that one. Anyways...

Soooo to get ready for the BIG homecoming parade and concert I decided to go get the family Kris Allen t-shirts..... easier said then done! I started my quest for t-shirts 3 days ago but everytime I went to pick one up I was told they were out but to come back at X time because they will be getting more. Well yesterday morning I called Ace Hardware to see if they had any t-shirts and sure enough they did so I loaded up the boys and headed over only to be told they just ran out but to come back at noon. Well I had to work at noon so I didn't get back over to ACE until 1:30ish and by this time there was a line stretched outside the door of people awaiting the next batch of t-shirts due to arrive by 2pm. A guy was handing out tickets that guaranteed you first dibs on a t-shirt once they arrived. I took my golden ticket and decided to go home for a few minutes to get the boys a snack rather then wait in the long line with 2 hot, sweaty, fidgety, thirsty boys. After our quick break at home we once again loaded up (3rd times the charm, right?) into our 2 door car and drove back to ACE. We then proceeded to wait in this line for another 45ish minutes!!!


But we GOT the t-shirts..... or I should probably say "I" got the t-shirt! They didn't have kids shirts and I called DH and he said he didn't want one. So yep, pretty much I tortured my poor children and everyone else in line around my poor children to get me, myself, and I a pink Kris Allen t-shirt. Moving on....

Once home from ACE, Cohen went down for a long overdue nap and I proceeded to make Kris Allen posters to hold up at the parade/concert. Can I just say I worked really hard on these posters and even used glitter on one. I was sure the glitter would catch the eyes of not just Kris but also the American Idol TV crew thus guaranteeing me a spot on national television next Tuesday Night. So of course this thought led to me practicing my wave, scream, and overall look for my big debut. Plus I cleverly placed a cross on the glitter poster so I of course had to plan out what I would say if Tom Cruise happened to be a fan of Kris and he decided to fly himself and the rest of the Cruise clan to Conway for Kris' hometown visit. All of this while Cohen napped and Colb watched a DVR'd episode of Micky Mouse Clubhouse.

Well.... once we got to the Parade/Concert we were told we couldn't carry the posters!!! What a waste of glitter!! Oh well.....

I woke my sleeping baby from his slumber so we could secure a nice spot for the festivities due to start at 5pm. Have you ever woken up a sleeping baby?!? I don't recommend it. Needless to say he was not a happy camper and he made sure to let me know he did not appreciate me interrupting his MUCH NEEDED nap the WHOLE rest of the evening.

Soooo after waiting over 1.5 hours in the hot sun with 2 hot, sweaty, fidgety, thirsty boys Kris Allen finally hit the stage. Or at least I think he did, for all I know it could have just been a prerecorded voice because all I saw was.....



But regardless, the voice I heard sounded "Kick Awesome!!!"

I think from the picture below CoCo must have been a little confused.... it looks like he thought it was an Adam Lambert Home Coming!


I promise my children normally wear shirts in public. It was just really hot. All in all it was an exciting day. I did feel rather abusive to drag my children around town and in the hot sun BUT I think come Tuesday Night we will all be glad we got to take part in this historic event.



3 comments:

  1. So proud of you for standing in line for t shirts! We got too hot to stay for the concert, but saw him in the parade. I too, Niki, feel as though we know him somehow.....like I expected him to turn and say "Thanks for your support Laura, you're the best fan ever!" "I know we haven't met, but we definitely have a connection." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I LOVED the thoughtfulness of witnessing to Tom...just in case he might be a fan of Kris. Maybe Katy Allen could witness to Katie Holmes.....all because of your sign. Another jewel in your crown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura. You so funny.

    ReplyDelete