Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ford AI Updates

Ok ladies let me level with ya- You know the day I found out I was going to be an official Ford American Idol House Party Hostess and I announced to the World that I was going to have a HUGE Party and I even used words like "Off da Hook" to describe the event......... Well it turns out that was the Adrenaline Talking. Once the adrenaline wore off from the initial excitement, reality set in and I remembered I have never thrown an "off da hook" kinda party before. If you will remember from past posts, I was a real nerd in high school so I have never even BEEN to a "off da hook" party before. To be honest I have no idea what "off da hook" even means!!!!

Can I just tell you that when I even start to think about the party my heart starts racing and I become one inch away from a full blown panic attack. I have NEVER been a procrastinator before in my life BUT I find that I keep trying to ignore the fact that the party date is getting closer and closer with each passing day. It's like subconsciously I keep thinking if I don't think about it, it will all go away. Therefore guess what? I have NO PLAN!!! That's right the President of the DRS support group has NO PLAN. I had Colby's Imagination Movers Birthday Party planned out 6 months in advance for eight 5 year olds but I have NOTHING, NOT A ONE IDEA, for this party with over 90 invites in less then 10 days!!! Calm down.....breathe.......

So with all of that on the table can I just say "There will STILL be an official Ford American Idol Watch Party" AND you are ALL absolutely still invited I just can't promise it will be "off da hook." If I know me you better just go ahead and plan on the party hanging neatly and securely "ON da hook" complete with a label.....sigh, anyways.... What I'm thinking about doing, if your ok with it, is renting a pavilion at a park and having a PREwatchparty cookout. I have already got the "Teal Grill" reserved so you can bring your own meat OR I bought a gazillion hot dogs and buns the other week at Kroger (there the red ones that look really gross but anyways....) and I'll provide the sides and fixens. And we can just eat and fellowship from around 5pm-6:45ish and then all those that want to can caravan over to the OFFICIAL watch party which I imagine will be at UCA- that is IF Kris makes it to the top 2! If Kris doesn't make it into the top 2, I will have to come up with a plan B. Ford has sent me party packs for 15 so I will think of a fun way to give those away. I have also talked to Smith Ford and I believe there will be a Ford Fusion at the party for everyone to check out and/or test drive. I sure hope your not all terribly disappointed and that you will still consider stopping by. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a chance to visit and in some cases meet all of you. It could be a DRS reunion!!!! Anyways.... I promise I will have all the details worked out by next Friday- and who knows maybe one of my "cool" readers will have some ideas on how to coolify the party to make it indeed- OFF DA HOOK!
I better put up a Mr. Linky just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment