Monday, April 27, 2009

What a day!

Today I was so busy living life I didn't have time to blog about it. The day started out with me trying a new recipe from my stockpile. I am not typically the Mom that will get up and fix a hardy breakfast for her family, although I realize if I want to one day achieve full Donna status I will have to become this type of Mom, but anyways...... Yesterday at church my friend Amy made the most delicious english muffin thingys and I was anxious to try out a few modifications with lighter ingredients I already had in my stockpile. The result- very tasty!! (I'll share the recipe soon, I promise).

After that I tried to find a last minute babysitter to watch the boys while I ran to the chamber for an American Idol Watch Party Task force meeting so I could get permission to have my party outside (tailgate) the Big Watch Party. Unfortunately I didn't find a sitter for today so I am hoping to make next weeks meeting.

Next on the agenda- video a clip for my Ford American Idol blog party. This took up most of the day. My friend Jodie very sweetly offered to help me put a video on the blog (since this is way beyond my technological know how) Aaaaand she even volunteered to let me use her video camera to do the filming. My other friend Angie then graciously agreed to do the filming. I'm not going to tell you All about the video because I want you to check it out, but let me just let you in on some "behind the scene" action that took place while filming.


  • First- can I just say that I don't think I sound like that in real life. I feel the video shot my voice up at least an octave higher (I'm not really sure what an octave is exactly, but if "octave" means a lot higher then octave is the word I was looking for)
  • Most of the filming took place while driving a Ford Fusion Hybrid (what a car! by the way!!) But before I actually drove the car I had to, of course, get permission from the manager, explain my house party, then transfer my carseats out of "my car" into the luxury car, load the boys up, and get instructions on how to operate the car. Let me just say I was sweating by the time we were ready to drive off the lot. That is when the very sweet manager asked for my driving license..... and I then realized I had left it at home! SooOooo I had to get back in "my car" and rush home to get my license before I was allowed off the lot. Poor Angie, who refused to drive "my car," had to sit in the fusion with the boys buckled in their carseats until I got back. I just wonder how many time she had to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to keep Cohen from going berzerk sitting in that unmoving car while I was gone.
  • I would also like to say that it was a VERY humid day and my hair does not usually look that frizzy.
  • Another thing you will not see in the video was Colby crying as we drove back to the dealership. You see he found an actual electrical outlet in this car, and I made the mistake of telling him that he could probably hook up his Wii in this kind of car. SooooOooo the boy was heart broken that we had to give the car back and get back into "my car." and back to reality.
  • Oh, and during filming I totally was driving in the wrong lane at one point. That is when you hear me say "oh shoot."
  • Fun Times! Fun Times!

I came home from filming to find an ant hill INSIDE my house! How insulting!!! Did those ants not know my house was clean!!! I mean sure I had dropped some of the English Muffin thingy on the ground but I would have thought word would have traveled around the ant kingdom that this was not a house worth waiting for food to drop because a Donna wanna be lives here. I mean gosh- don't the ants read my blog. I have a whole day devoted to tidyness for goodness sake!!! (of course for those that do read this blog you know that no ant would really go hungry at this house- EVER! But please don't tell the ants!) Anyways I researched home remedies for killing ants (yep I said killing- I want em gone!!!!) and found out that white vinegar should do the trick. We'll see....

We had frozen Salmon Patties from the freezer for supper along with spinach from the garden! I'll have to introduce you to DH garden sometime soon.

Ta Ta for now!

PS I will be sure to let you know when Jodie gets the video on the party blog so you can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment