Monday, April 27, 2009

English Muffin Thingys


As promised, here was the oh so simple yet oh so yummy breakfast I made from my stockpile this morning.

Package of Thomas Lite English Muffins (bought B1G1 Free a couple of weeks back)
1 tube of Reduced Fat Sausage
about 3/4 cup (I'm guessing) Left Over Rotel Cheese Dip from Colby's party

I browned sausage and then stirred about 3/4 cup of the cheese dip into the skillet with the drained sausage. Next, I sliced open the English Muffins and laid them out on a cookie sheet. I then topped each English Muffin Half with the sausage/cheese mixture and baked until muffin was toasted at about 350ish.

Colby said it was the best breakfast ever! Cohen spit it out and had a frozen waffle.

My friend Amy, who inspired this recipe, said that you could easily freeze these to pull out for a quick breakfast on another day. She suggests freezing "unbaked" muffins on a cookie sheet until frozen and then transferring frozen muffins into a freezer safe storage container. Oh I just love that idea!!

PS Can I please be excused from providing the nutrition information for this recipe?..... Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. We make these sometimes and they are soooooo good! Except we put a lot more meat on each muffin (I know I know, lots of calories)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making this for supper tonight... yummy!

    ReplyDelete