Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sonday Sunday

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7

I love this verse. As a natural worrier, the Holy Spirit is often whispering this verse to me as a reminder of WHO is in control. This verse starts out with a command and ends with a promise. Although we as humans might not always keep our end of the deal (the command) the Lord is 100% faithful in keeping His (the promise).

I got to witness first hand God fulfilling his promise in a miraculous way this week. As many of you know, my friend Emily's house was destroyed by a fire on Easter Sunday. Personally, I would think "house fire" would rank right up there with death, divorce, chronic illness, etc. on the list of major life changing stressors. And in my human nature it would be very hard to see any "good" that could come of such a devastating event. But let me tell you what I heard my friend Emily say with undeniable sincerity just 3 days after the event, she said "It was worth the fire to get to experience the PEACE I am feeling right now." Wow!!!! Read it again.......... Wow!!!!! (It makes me tear up just writing it!) Only God could provide this magnitude of PEACE that truly does transcend All understanding! What a God we serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment