Sunday, April 19, 2009

DRS flair-up

I am currently in the middle of a HUGE DRS flair-up.


This weekend I realized that Colby's Big 5 year old birthday party is NEXT FRIDAY!!!! A party that Colby has dreamed about and planned (yes, he takes after me) since the day after his last birthday party. And all I have done to prepare for the big event is to send out the invitations to his closest pals. So what does a woman with DRS do when things are down to the wire and it looks like there is no way to pull off the event she too has imagined for the last year................... SHE CLEANS!!!


That's right the DRS sufferer is often unable to focus on the Big picture and therefore often misprioritizes how she spends her time in preparation for the event. For example, tonight while panicked thinking about everything that I have to do this week, guess what I did? Ran to the store to pick up Colby's gift?- no. Planned out an Imagination Mover's game?- nope. Finalized the menu? no again........... I detailed the kitchen. That's right every cabinet has been wiped out, the oven and cooktop have been sprayed with oven cleaner, the junk drawer has been dejunked and my sink is currently shining from the turtle wax. Now the healthy woman would recognize that her 4 and 5 year old guests will more then likely not be running a white glove across the top of her refrigerator BUT to the DRSer she can not rest knowing that there is even the slightest chance a guest could peek inside the pantry and find green beans sitting in the tomatoes labeled spot! Did I mention the guests were 4 and 5 year old BOYS!!! Sick, Sick, Sick! Some might mistake these symptoms as simply OCD but not me, I know the truth- Donna Strikes Again!!!



Before I leave you, I would like to use this space on the Internet to map out my Master Plan/Schedule/Goals for the week to assure everything gets done in time for the Big Event. Feel free to ignore.


Sunday: Clean Kitchen, Plan out Master Plan, Get Hobby Lobby List ready check


Monday: Clean Master Bedroom/Bathroom/Closet (couldn't dare host an event with an unorganized closet (sick)), Go to Hobby Lobby, Plan out game, Decide on Cake, Birthday Crafts


Tuesday: Clean Dining Room and Office, find things for "noisy room", get gift/s


Wednesday: Clean Kids Bedrooms, figure out food table, make I.M. name badges


Thursday: Clean bathrooms and living room, do planters, make sign, final shopping, cake, make snacks


Friday: Clean all floors, decorate, PARTY!!!! Take lots of pictures


Saturday: Reflect and write birthday boy a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment