Monday, April 27, 2009

Mealtime Monday

Welcome to the very first DRS Stockpile Creations Challenge!!! Every 5th week of the month I am going to challenge myself and anyone who wants to join me to create our week's menu from ingredients found in the pantry/refrigerator/freezer. Basically it is a chance to get creative with ingredients, give the budget a big break for the week, and perhaps clear out some products that have gone uneaten.

I will say, I feel somewhat like I am cheating on this first stockpile challenge because DH and I are going out of town for most of the week so I will only be preparing meals for two nights. Aaaand I happen to have two meals frozen from past weeks that never got eaten so I won't be testing my culinary creativity during this first challenge. But I would LOVE to hear about your meals if you choose to participate in this challenge.

Oh... and my goal for the Stockpile Challenge was to spend no more then $35 at the grocery store on sale items and necessities- and guess what? My total was $35.51 (close enough- don't you think?) I will say I saw a few items I wanted to go back and get with more coupons... so we will see if my total stands by the end of the week!)

1 comment:

  1. I too am trying to skip the grocery store this week. I have been over budget every month and am determined not to be this month. We are having two frozen meals, prepared from weeks before, Spaghetti, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, and take out pizza one night. Did you know that on Wed. night Pizza Inn has a lg. pizza for $7. That will feed my family for dinner and lunch the next day. They also have a $5 med. Not bad for Pizza Inn!

    ReplyDelete