Monday, April 6, 2009

Chicken Fajitas

All I do for Chicken Fajitas is follow the directions on the back of the McCormick Fajita Seasoning Packet. For the sake of your grocery list I'll go ahead and write the directions for ya.

Chicken Fajitas

1 pkg. McCormick Seasoning Mix
2 tbs. oil divided (optional if you ask me)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion
1 medium bell pepper
1/4 cup water
8 high fiber tortillas (high fiber- my suggestion)

Here is how I prepare the fajitas:
Mix water and seasoning packet into a ziplock bag. Add chicken to bag to marinate. Meanwhile thinly slice onion and green pepper. Saute onion and green pepper with Pam or a little bit of oil in a skillet. I usually bake or grill my chicken but McCormick recommends cooking in skillet with a little bit of oil. Once chicken is cooked cut into thin strips. Add chicken and vegetables to tortillas.

Nutrition Information: for chicken and vegetables only
Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
Meal Plan: ~215 Calories, 4 meats, 1 veg

I am going to serve these with black beans and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment