Monday, April 6, 2009

Apple, Cheddar, and Turkey Meatballs

Ok Crockpot Lady I'm totally trusting you on this one. Meatballs in the crockpot? I'm going to give it a try. I'll tell you I might not be the best one to review this recipe because:
  1. I don't really like ground turkey- Yes I know some of you will be shocked that the RD doesn't usually cook with ground turkey but honestly ground sirloin is just as lean as most ground turkeys and I think it tastes better- so there.
  2. I have never liked meatballs.

So why did I choose a turkey meatball recipe?..... I asked myself that same question as I was forming the golf ball size meatballs. I DO like all the other ingredients found in these oh so healthy balls of turkey so I'm crossing my fingers. I'll let you know.

Go here for the recipe.
I used 2% cheddar and could have used egg substitute if I'd thought of it.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe (not sure how that equates to balls)
Meal Plan: 180 Calories, 3 oz meat, 1 fruit

Since I'm new to meatballs I wasn't sure what to serve with this so I opted for mashed potatoes and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment