Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time Management-Tip

Normally when you see "Time Management-Tip" as the header for a post- RUN!!! Never take advice from a lady who tries to pack in 36 hours worth of stuff into her God allotted 24 hour day. BUT this time you should really pay attention....

Here it is.............. Start with a CLEAN HOUSE! Really....that's it!

I have found that it takes a LOT MORE time to clean a dirty house then it does to keep a clean house clean.

Case in point: This weekend I gave the whole house a bath- I had gotten behind on my zones and day tasks for the last couple of weeks AND we got a call from a family who wanted to see our house (there was the real motivation) so it was necessary to attack the full house. It did my DRS heart some GOOD to see my house in perfect order. It was the first time in a loooong time that I would have gladly welcomed Donna Reed herself into my home.
Well, here comes the point to this story, the next day (a Mommy Day) when rest time rolled around for the boys I did not have to spend the full 2 hours cleaning up because the house was still in order from the day before! Therefore I had time to get a lot more things done. I even had time to get ahead on some blog posts that I normally wouldn't get to work on until after the boys went to bed at night!!! This extra blog time during the day enabled me to................ are you ready for this.........GET IN BED BY TEN O'CLOCK!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
This decent bedtime has provided me increased energy for the day, resulting in greater productivity, thus creating MORE TIME!!! And today is ONLY day 3 of a clean house! By Friday I will be looking for things to do to occupy all the FREE Time my clean house has provided!!!

Now for some of you natural neat freaks this is really just a "duh" post but for me it has been a revelation that I felt I must pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment