Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sonday Sunday- Guest Post

“Be true to yourself”…boy that’s one statement we hear over and over in Hollywood. The question is, can you be true to just yourself and experience the peace and joy you long for…the kind of peace and joy God intends for us to experience?
Growing up I was always told that the acronym for JOY is Jesus, others, yourself. And that if you prioritize this way, you will experience peace and joy through and through. Well, as minute and simple as it sounds, the World has convinced us much the contrary. They are selling us this “lemon” if you will, that it’s all about “me”.
Through the many experiences in my life I have learned that without Jesus joy is absolutely impossible. Through the loss of my sister’s physical movement (quadriplegia), the death of my dear aunt and all 4 grandparents, infertility, my son’s health issues, and recently my mom’s lymphoma diagnosis, I have managed to find peace and joy in the midst of these trials…with Jesus by my side. Yet those times that seem almost perfect (except my walk with the Lord), my peace and joy is non-existent and anxiety seems to overwhelm me. Looking back it’s crazy how I have had just as much anxiety from tasks unaccomplished and worrying about the future as I did walking with God in the midst of true hardships.
My question for you today is…Are you anxious and joyless? If so, you may need to check and see who your being most true to…You? or Our Heavenly Father? No matter where you look to find that Peace and Joy, unless it’s upward you will be searching a very long time. Stay focused on God and you too will have that Peace Like a River, and you can say “It is well!”

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Sara and Niki! I love hearing from Sara. Thanks for sharing and allowing the Lord to use you in this way. Love to you both, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great Sara!! We're praying for you guys constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a testimony and how more perfect could the timing be. God knew exactly when he wanted Niki to use this and let it witness to others the only true JOY we have is found in HIM ALONE. Sara, we continue to pray for you all.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so inspiring! Love you Sara and Niki!
    Tambrey

    ReplyDelete