Monday, March 30, 2009

Poppyseed Chicken

Although I have made poppy seed chicken many a time in the past- this is a new, slightly different version of the recipe. This recipe is brought to us by Stacy from last week's recipe exchange party. Her recipe calls for the Ritz Crackers to be in the chicken mixture as well as on top- sounds pretty yummy!

Poppy Seed Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts
2 cans healthy request cream of chicken soup
4 oz light sour cream
1 tube of reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed
1 TBS poppy seed

Topping
1/2 tube Ritz Crackers (my modification, original had another whole tube)
2 TBS light butter, melted
Poppy Seed for garnish

In large bowl combine chicken, soup, sour cream, crackers, and poppy seed; mix well. Turn into 12 inch casserole dish. Top with Ritz Cracker, Butter, and Poppy Seed. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
Meal Plan: ~250 Calories, 2 lean meats, 2 Starches

I am serving this with Green Beans (I am not using the ham bouillon for a while in my green beans because the Kroger Green Beans I bought in that case sale a couple of months back taste like a gallon of salt was dumped in them and when I add the extra sodium from the ham bouillon WOW talk about major bloating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment