Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mealtime Mondays

There's something fun about this month's Mealtime Mondays! (Anyways, I think it'll be fun, but then again, I'm easily entertained.....anyways.....)

Because this month holds 5 weeks I have decided to use the 5th week to have a "Stockpile Creations" Challenge!!! I have NOT planned a menu for the fifth week in April because I want to challenge myself to use ingredients found in my pantry, refrigerator, freezer, etc. to come up with meals for one week. I am pretty pumped about this challenge because it will motivate me to use up some of the items in my pantry and freezer that have been collecting dust or freezer burn. PLUS I think this will be the ticket to getting me back on track with my BUDGET!
Here is what I'm thinking........ I am only going to allow myself to spend $35 that week. The $35 will allow me to still pick up some fresh produce, milk, and maybe even take advantage of a few sale items from that week. Sounds like fun- huh! Oh, I do hope someone out there will join me in this challenge!!

PS I do feel it is only fair to tell you that I will only be in town for half of the challenge week! BUT I promise to attempt this challenge every 5 week month!

The April Month of Meals Menu is scheduled to post in the next half hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment