Monday, March 2, 2009

Mealtime Mondays

Ok, once again I didn't quite make my 1 hour 30 minute goal for all meal preparation. Nope- it took me 1 hour 37 minutes. Darn! And no drama to blame the overage on this week. But everything looks pretty yummy so I am sure it will be worth the extra 7 minutes. The following describes the prep steps I took and how I plan to store each meal until final preparations:

Monday Night: Spinach Calzones. I am most anxious to try these and I am not sure how the bread dough would do for an extended time in fridge sooo I am going to eat these tonight. I prepared up until the baking step and stored in fridge until time to bake.

Tuesday Night: Chicken Quesadillas. The quesadillas were fully prepared, wrapped in foil, then stored in the fridge. I will just throw the quesadillas wrapped in foil in the oven Tuesday night.

Wednesday Night: Crockpot Pork Pineapple Tenderloin. I prepared Pork in a freeze ziplock bag. I dumped all ingredients except the peppers and pineapple into bag to let pork marinate. (My pork was actually still frozen so it will have from Sunday night until Wednesday morning to defrost in marinade in the fridge). I went ahead and chopped peppers but I chose not to add to marinade. I stored both pork and peppers in fridge. Wednesday morning I will dump contents of pork bag into crockpot followed by the can of drained pineapples and peppers. Cook on low all day.

Thursday: Salmon-Potato Cakes. I formed my salmon patties and then placed them in a freezer safe dish in the freezer. I will try my best to remember to transfer patties to fridge Thursday morning to begin thawing. Thursday night I will just spray my electric griddle down with Pam and sizzle these cakes up!

Friday - Saturday: Out of Town

Sunday- After browning beef, I dumped all ingredients into a freezer safe ziplock and stuck it in the freezer. I am going to try to remember to get chili out of freezer Friday to let thaw in fridge over weekend. Sunday I will put chili in crockpot before church and then come home to a nice bowl of hot chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment