Monday, March 30, 2009

Mealtime Monday

I forgot to look at the clock when I finished up the meals but my best guess would be somewhere around 1 hour 12 minutes and 42 seconds (time included lots of interruptions and distractions). In that time I prepared the following:

2 Fish with Black Bean and Avocado Relish Dishes
3 Poppy Seed Chickens
2 Mexican Pork Roasts
2 Pork Chilis
1 Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
3 Green Beans
2 Cornbreads
I am excited about this week's menu because it really stretches the buck. I love the fact that the Pork Chili is made from the Mexican Pork Roast leftovers. NO starving children in Africa on my account! (Did that make sense to anyone besides me.... anyways...) The whole wheat pancakes, pork roast, and pork chili could have easily been assembled the day of BUT I went ahead and did some prep work simply for the sake of the blog. Here is a description of my prep work as well as my storage plan for this week's meals:

Monday Night: Fish with Black Bean and Avocado Relish. I seasoned the fish and wrapped them in foil and prepared the relish according to recipe but left out the avocado. The fish and relish are stored in the fridge. Tonight I will Grill the fish and add avocado to relish.

Tuesday Night: Whole Wheat Pancakes. The only prep I did for this dish was to mix all dry ingredients into a ziplock bag. Tuesday morning I will mix liquid ingredients and add yeast according to recipe. The pancake batter will then go back into the fridge for at least 8 hours before I fire up the electric griddle for cooking.

Wednesday Night: Mexican Pork Roast. To prep for this dish I simply rubbed all spices onto pork and then wrapped it in foil and stored in fridge. Wednesday morning I will add pinto beans to crockpot along with pork to cook on low all day.

Thursday Night: Pork Chili. I dumped all ingredients except pork and beans (which will come from Wednesday's meal) into a ziplock bag. I stored bag in fridge. This chili can easily be heated on stove top BUT if my crockpot is clean from the night before I will probably cook on low all day with a little extra water.

Friday and Saturday- Out or leftovers

Sunday: Poppy Seed Chicken. I fully prepped this dish up until final baking and stored in freezer. Saturday morning I will transfer from freezer to fridge to begin thawing. I will then bake this dish up Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment