Thursday, March 5, 2009

DRS Couponing 101- common coupon lingo

So today I am going to catch you up to speed on some common abbreviations and lingo used in the coupon world- yes it is a whole other language. From now on I am going to put "bilingual" on all my resumes.


In respect to all the coupon newbies I have kept my coupon language to a minimum to this point on DRS. BUT I would like to start incorporating more of it into my Thrifty Thursday posts to help save on time when writing up your deal alerts. My goal is to eventually have the lingo available on the side bar for quick reference whenever I get that new fancy blog design I was telling you about last weekend. A girl can dream!


So here it is-in no particular order:


SS: SmartSource Insert


RP: RedPlum Insert


PG: Proctor & Gamble Insert


PGE: Proctor & Gamble Esaver Kroger loadable coupons

SC: ShortCuts Kroger loadable coupons


CF: Cell Fire Kroger loadable coupons


BOGO or B1G1: Buy 1 Get 1 Free


WAGS: Walgreens coupon found in the weekly flyer


ES: Walgreens EasySaver Catalog


CAT: Catalina


COP: Coupon on Package


B: Blinkie


IP: Internet Printable


OOP: Out of Pocket


RR: Register Reward


FAR: Free after Rebate


MIR: Mail in Rebate


MFR: Manufacturer

No comments:

Post a Comment