Monday, March 23, 2009

Chicken Squares

My friend Mary introduced this recipe to me many years ago. The taste and presentation make this dish great for company. It is not a hard recipe, by any means, but the written instructions can be a little confusing, so I am planning on posting step by step pictures to illustrate the chicken square assembly.

Although not Mary's original recipe, I did find a similar recipe here.

Chicken Squares
recipe modifications: I used reduced fat crescent rolls, 1/3 fat cream cheese, and only 2 TBS light margarine. I also substituted bread crumbs for the stuffing

Mary's recipe also recommends serving with a gravy made from 1 soup can of 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup + 1/3 soup can of skim milk

Nutrition Information
Serving Size: 1 Square
Meal Plan: ~325 Calories, 2 oz meat, 2 starch, 1.5 fat

I am going to serve this with the above gravy and Niki's Green Beans

2 comments:

  1. I don't see a hyperlink for Niki's green beans anywhere... despite the fact that I run my cursor over every instance that I see of 'Niki's green beans' So what are in these green beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- you asked for it- You Got It! Run that cursor over it now. Niki's green beans was one of my very first recipes. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete