Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And now for that chicken

Well tonight I skinned the chickens! Let me just tell you... I came real close to becoming vegetarian. GROSS!! The experience did give me a great idea, however, that could potentially save our tax payers tens of dollars. While scooping out the chicken's innards I was reminded of the time we dissected the frog in my high school biology class. Just imagine the money our schools could save if instead of frogs students could be responsible for bringing their own $0.97/lb. chicken from Kroger. I couldn't tell you exactly what I pulled out but I feel confident it would have made for a very interesting biology lesson. Much more applicable then a frog. I think I'll call Obama.

Anyways... It took me 7 min to skin the first chicken and about 10 for the second (by the second I was so grossed out I had to keep stopping to wash my hands). I really wish this had been a more enjoyable experience because I am loving the idea of this rotisserie chicken. I'll let you know if it was worth the effort tomorrow night!

Below is before and after pictures. I took pictures of the innards but I decided it was way to graphic for this family friendly blog.






PS That is onion stuffed up the poor bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment