Saturday, February 14, 2009

Worth the Effort

Notice the heart shaped Pepperonis- what a nerd!

Ok, the pizza crust was a lot more timely than I was originally thinking. But... Oh so yummy! I followed this recipe but modified it slightly to use ingredients I already had around the house. I used 1 package of rapid rising yeast, I replaced the brown sugar with 1 tsp of sugar, and I added some garlic and fresh rosemary. I also baked the crust for about 10 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings. For toppings I used turkey pepperonis (70% less fat then regular pepperonis). The crust was very thick and filling. I can't say I will always opt for the homemade route but it was fun and the results very rewarding.


And yes... I did try throwing the dough in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment