Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Hope everyone has a "lovely" day today! Mine started out great. The boys all went to breakfast this morning and let me sleeeeeeep!

Tonight we are going to steal an idea I learned about from a Doctor I work with at the Med Center. I overheard him talking about how he and his wife celebrate Valentines every year by spending the night at home and making homemade pizzas -even down to the homemade pizza crust. Now homemade pizzas are a staple dinnertime meal around the Thompson home, but we have NEVER attempted a homemade (from scratch) pizza crust. And I thought to myself- Donna would so make her own pizza crust, and gosh how much cheaper would it be if I could learn to make my own pizza crust vs the $4 premade crust I am accustomed to buying. Plus if those weren't reasons enough- with us making our own crust we could even shape it like a HEART- instant theme dinner! Challenge on!

Once I scout out a good pizza crust recipe I'll be sure to pass it on.... stay tuned!

PS If your not up to making your own heart shaped pizza. I noticed that Papa Murphey's Pizza is selling a heart shaped pizza in honor of Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment