Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ultimate Long Term Blog Plan- Phase One

Aaaaand I'm BACK! Sooo I was just about to tell you about phase one of my Master Plan to Make this Blog profitable:


In a word.... CUTE! That's right- I think it's my blog's lack of curb appeal that is holding me back from making the big bucks (even $1 per day would be nice). From my statcounter website I have been able to click over to other DRS readers' blogs, and let me tell ya- they have got it going on! No generic blogger templates there- nothing but genuine CUTENESS! I'm talking Pizazz! Being on their sites just make me want to smile and stay awhile. Then I come back over to DRS and if it wasn't for the picture of Donna Reed herself, I think I would fall asleep!

Therefore, in order to create a more enjoyable DRS experience for you dear readers, I am going to invest in a new Blog template that better reflects the DRS personality. In the redesign I also hope to accomplish a better layout for the blog that will enable easier navigation around DRS. However, my "Ultimate Long Term Blog Plan- Phase 1" plan does not allow me to go forth with the redesign until I have had 50 return visitors for 5 days (does not have to be consecutive). My goal is that this will happen by April 30th (my birthday) and I can relaunch the "New Face of DRS" that weekend! So tell your friends and tune in often! please

I do realize that this is extra dorky that I have guidelines for when I will allow myself to "cutify" my blog- But does it surprise anyone?! All you cool people out there with your cool blogs- cross over to the nerdy side- I dare ya!

3 comments:

  1. Niki, Just a tip. If you want to give your blog a new look for FREE check out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com I love their stuff and it's all free and easy to use. This might be a temporary solution for you until you can get your custom blog designed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki! I have a friend who is just starting to design custom blogs....so e-mail me and let me know if you want her contact info. She is wanting to earn extra income for possible infertility treatments, and I know she would be blessed by you! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete