Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scrapbook Saturday

Let me remind you- one purpose of Scrapbook Saturday is to record some of the funny/cute/sweet or just plan memorable moments with the kids. The following is one such moment:


Background information for story: Remember we have been reading the Dave Ramsey Financial Series for Kids with Colby. Well one day last week we made Colby's 3 envelopes- Save, Spend, and Give, and then divided up his chore money accordingly. We discussed how Colby was going to use each envelope. When I asked him what he wanted to use his "give" money for he said "he wanted to give it to his School so they could buy new playground equipment." How sweet- I didn't argue. Here comes the treasure chest moment......


Well the next day I had to go to Mail Boxes Etc. to send my Metabolism Machine back to the manufacturer for some necessary repairs. After shipping, insurance, packing, and 2 day air delivery the grand total for simply getting the machine to it's destination (doesn't include the repair cost or the cost to ship the machine back to me by next Friday for my upcoming Metabolism party) was..... are you sitting down...... $129.22!
I nearly croaked. So when I got back in the car I asked Colby "Do you know how many years of chores you would have to do to get to $129.22?" Well Colby was just real quiet for a few seconds, and then he said (here comes the adorable part) "Mommy, I changed my mind about who I want to give my "Give" money to. I want to give it to you!" I just melted! Talk about the widow's mite.... His willingness to give me his 64 cents meant more to me then if someone handed me $1000.00.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I found your blog! OK, you are so amazing and organized that I am feeling like a heel of a mother right now...is that a symptom of DRS? Cute idea for your blog! It will be fun to keep up with you this way and from the looks of things, your fun ideas just might inspire me! Welcome to blogworld!!
    Becke'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I am so excited and honored to have you here Becke'! Don't worry stick around DRS and you'll start to feel real good about yourself! Have you seen my lint post! I just hopped over to your blog- cute! I must figure out how you put music on it. Anyway thanks again for stopping by and come again soon!

    ReplyDelete