Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Car-part one

I thought today might be the perfect day to tell you all about "my" car. The word "my" is in quotations because it has only been of late that I have finally come to accept that this car is not just a fling, a loaner, a temporary means of transportation, etc. .. No it is "my" car.

Now, I have never thought of myself as a car snob, I truly didn't think I cared how I got from here to there as long as I got there. I never noticed nor cared what others were driving- it made no difference to me. My husband had taught me many years ago that cars do nothing but depreciate in value and therefore we would never own a "new" vehicle- whatever, no biggy to me.

When it came time to purchase a "new to me" vehicle a couple of years ago my only request was that it be a SUV because "we couldn't possibly fit all of our family into a car if we needed to travel." My husband selected a 2004 Toyota Sequoia complete with leather seating, CD player, Sunroof, 3rd row seat, a cup holder for every passenger, and a "nice" monthly payment- I didn't complain!

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment