Monday, February 9, 2009

Mealtime Monday

I'm pretty excited about this week's meals. If you read my late post from last night you know that I actually cheated and cooked last night because I have a busy day planned for today. So I am happy to report to you with confidence you can prepare all but 1 meal in 1 hour and 9 minutes. I think I could have been done a lot sooner but I got distracted (see earlier post "Busted). Here is the schedule for storage and final preparations.


Monday: Pecan Encrusted Salmon with Cranberry Spinach Salad. I think this would have froze nicely but I wanted to go ahead and have it tonight. I went ahead and prepared Salmon and salad dressing so tonight all I will need to do is take Salmon out of fridge to bake and toss salad.


Tuesday: Spinach Lentil Soup. I put all but the water and olive oil in a freezer gallon size ziplock bag and placed in fridge. Tuesday morning I will add water and olive oil and let cook in crockpot all day on low.


Wednesday: Chicken and Dumplings. To prep all I did was place frozen chicken in a freezer ziplock and added all but the water and biscuits. I will store in fridge and then transfer contents of ziplock into crockpot Wed morning, add water and go.


Thursday: Southwest Eggrolls. I decided to have these this night because I wanted to experiment with freezing them. I followed recipe up to the "brush with butter" step. I placed in baking dish with foil over the top and placed them in the freezer. Thursday morning I will transfer to fridge and then brush with butter before baking.


Friday Night: Date Night- Valentines with DH


Saturday Night: Out Valentines with family


Sunday: Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. I thought the bread would get too soggy if I went ahead and prepped the sandwiches. So, I plan to put these together on Saturday night- that way all I'll have to do is pop them in the oven after church. I don't think it will take longer then 5-10 minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment